Friday, January 7, 2011

Man...

Beethoven rocks!  You know, ever since I got hooked on the 5th symphony after mistakenly thinking the Peter Pan soundtrack by James Newton Howard was imitating it - the second movement has a cadence to die for, it is that poignant - I've had a sneaking love for that German/Austrian/whatever deaf guy.  But just now, listening to the King's Speech soundtrack, I found out that the credits music I loved so much in the film and thought was Alexandre Desplat (of New Moon fame, and yes, I'm going with that, since it's the first time I really loved one of his scores, cause Golden Compass was boring) doing his "imitating classical orchestration but with modern, easily emotionally accessible chord progressions" thing - yeah, that turns out to be some dude who's been dead for almost two hundred years.  Dude.  I love that guy!

Posted via email from We read to know we're not alone

No comments: