Saturday, January 8, 2011

I am amazed

So.  I find it sad that:

a) while trawling the net for Lord Peter Wimsey fanfic

b) as a result of Jill Paton Walsh's Windows 7 (in other words - not good, but not nearly as bad as the last thing - the last thing being either A Presumption of Death or Vista) profic The Attenbury Emeralds

c) I get linked to Sayers posts on LJ

d) finding said posts to be of high quality (not to mention quite obviously a trained litcritter) I

e) look at the profile

f) ta da!  PhD in English Lit...

g) wait, she writes books?  What books?  Melusine?

h) oh, she's THAT English Lit PhD - the one who got her degree and got married and writes gay erotica fantasy novels

i) and I realized this without reading her name...

j) she writes about C. S. Lewis?

k) woah, and about that viciously upsetting Gaiman story?

l) and there's a link in the (ginormous) comments of that post to a much, much better version of what happened to Susan

m) and I still have a billion tabs of Wimseyfic open unread

n) and now I'm posting

o) and well over half the alphabet

p) so I'll stop.

Postscript: In happier news, I am the proud owner of a new copy of the reprinted Hawk of May, from Borders (with the kind gift cards and coupons of my buddies and Borders Rewards, respectively).  For once, Sourcebooks is doing something with it's amazing book design staff other than printing Jane Austen fanfic.  Not that I hate Austenfic.  I love it.  I just don't think the stuff they're publishing deserves the lavish presentation they give it.

Wow, that afterthought was more thoughty than I thought. ;-)

Posted via email from We read to know we're not alone

1 comment:

e a said...

haha, JA FF is awesome, it needs all the lovely presentation it can get :D