Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I had it first! But...am confused!

So, on his famous and much more popular than mine will ever be journal, Neil Gaiman (journal.neilgaiman.com) has been posting pictures and comments on the state of the weather in my beloved home state (note: while there is much irony in my comments here, I do love being Minnesotan.  For one thing, it means I can drive and walk in the snow without complaining about it all the time.)

And he is calling the blizzard (which snowed somewhere around 19 inches, collapsed our iconic sports arena's roof, and had my siblings shovelling and making snow forts like there's no tomorrow - hah - that's a funny coincidence, given my next sentence fragment) "Snowmageddon."

But I already lived through that.

In Virginia.

So I'm confused.  Should I be jealous, that Minnesota gets it this year (and it wouldn't be as much of a problem, since unlike the pathetic snow equipment here, they know how to deal with it)?  Should I take umbrage at the stealing of our terminology?  Should I turn green with envy at all the comments he'll get on his post, while maybe one person will google "Snowmageddon" ten years from now and laugh at how pathetic this entry is?

Or should I just look at the pretty pictures of snow?  Yeah, I think I'll do that.

Posted via email from We read to know we're not alone

No comments: