Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ants and Goodness

So, I had a rotten day tomorrow until 9pm.

I made the mistake of eating normal hours (8ish and 1ish), which meant I was hungry around 4ish, but couldn't eat till 8ish because of class.  Said class was about Pinter and existentialism, and no one else wanted to talk, and I was cranky, so I made a fool of myself and snapped at people.  Then I fell asleep in a class of six people.  Most justly humiliating.

Then I got home, and started cooking my spaghetti.  While the water heated slowly, I took a bite of some cereal I'd left on the floor, closed (I don't have much container space, and no shelves).  I'd noticed last time the cereal tasted a bit like ants...and I knew I had ants, so I really deserved what came next.

The cereal tasted a LOT like ants.  I pulled the bag out.  It was crawling.

I threw the box away, spit spit spit, and ran the bag of ant-cereal outside.  UGH (shivers).

Then I got a call from a buddy.  Said buddy also had a terrible day.  She wanted to meet and eat (I don't know from whence my terseness cometh - I usually hate Hemingway or Fitzgeralesqueness).  We did, and it turned into a three hour talk.  About God (and man, am I glad it's not up to me to make God make sense or convince people about Himself - cause I really am rotten at it - though I hope I'm gaining some grace in living it out - I hope?)  Anyhoo, that talk cheered me up considerably, so I called my mom (something I'd avoided for a while) for the first time in weeks.  And it was excellent.

And my life is better.  Thanks, God. :-)

Posted via email from We read to know we're not alone

No comments: