Monday, January 18, 2010

Back! Hooray!

Well, my month-long break is over, and I am back in DC.  It's really good to be back driving my old van again.

Anyway, over the past month I watched/read the following, which I hope make it into several blogs:

Ender's Shadow: Battle School (comic book adaptation of novel by Orson Scott Card)
Shaun of the Dead (film)
Burn Notice season two (tv series)
Truly Madly Deeply (telefilm)
Sweet Land (film)
parts of Dickens the Novelist (literary criticism by the Leavis couple - unfamiliarity with the texts discouraged me, but I was amused by their vitriol and sheer cheek in attacking other critics by name)
Fire and Hemlock (YA novel by Diana Wynne Jones)
The Way We Live Now (miniseries adaptation by Andrew Davies, directed and composed by the team that did the most recent Harry Potter films)
Graceling (YA novel by Kristin Cashore)
Vampire Darcy's Desire (P&P vampified by Regina Jeffers)
Mr. Darcy, Vampyre (P&P vampified by Amanda Grange)
rereads of six Tamora Pierce YA novels  - Squire and Lady Knight from The Protector of the Small quartet, and the Immortals quartet (Wild Magic, Wolf Speaker, Emperor Mage, In the Realm of the Gods)
Wiloughby's Return (sequel to S&S by Jane Odiwe)
The Graveyard Book (Newberry and Hugo winning YA novel by Neil Gaiman, reworking of The Jungle Books)
Snow Crash (cyberpunk novel by Neal Stephenson)
Sherlock Holmes (film starring Robert Downey and Jude Law)
The Queen (film starring Helen Mirren)
The Incredible Hulk (film starring Edward Norton and Liv Tyler)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Coraline (rewatch, stop-motion animated film adaptation of Neil Gaiman YA novel)
Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure (CGI animated movie)
The 39 Steps (1935 film by Alfred Hitchcock)
The Way We Live Now (novel by Anthony Trollope)

Well, that's 12 films and 15 plus a bit books.  Not as much as I'd have liked (I'd have liked to finish Bleak House, Middlemarch, Daniel Deronda, and Our Mutual Friend), but at least I got through the Trollope.

Hopefully more to come!  For now, it's really good to be back, even if all two to five of my readers no longer care!  I shall try to check your blogs soon!

Posted via email from We read to know we're not alone

No comments: