Wednesday, November 24, 2010

This really tickled my fancy

So, while learning about ITV's quite exciting looking new period drama (that just finished over there, here's to hoping it comes over here soon), I saw a trailer that had the most bizzare combination in music underscoring the lovely period details and wonderful British acting (and accents - okay, so I'm a shallow Minnesotan who thinks English accents are very fun to listen to, relatively regardless of what they're saying).

It was the song "Every Breath You Take," classic creepy stalker rock by the Police.

Except sung by an angelic sounding children's choir with gorgeous piano accompaniment.

I s'pose it's all to say something about how servants are always watching or something.  Or how these people are all on television, being watched.  But it really made me laugh.

Posted via email from We read to know we're not alone

No comments: