Saturday, August 25, 2007

Hello!

Well, this makes my third blog (fourth if you count facebook - which I don't), but since I hope to cross post all three (or some such low number) of my thoughts on all of them, we shall see how much good signing up does.

Until I get my interests edited, here's a bit about me:

Christian
Calvinist/Reformed/philosophical compatibilist/etc.
Conservative in name and nature
English Lit/Piano major in senior undergraduate year
from Minnesota, going to school in Tennessee
Baptist, but not Southern

Fan of:
Jane Austen
C. S. Lewis
J. R. R. Tolkien
Joss Whedon
Sherlock Holmes
Orson Scott Card
Tamora Pierce
literary criticism and analysis, though with reservations about both subversive crit and criticism of complaint (or whatever Bloom called it - as absurd and pretentious as he gets, I think he's dead on in that respect. Well, that and his judgment that Poe couldn't write)

So, there me is. In all my less-than-glory.

1 comment:

Sara Schmidt said...

The following paper will be of interest and pertinence to you for possibly several reasons among many. It has been our great honor to discern and identify the error and spirit of John Calvin, whose rule is yet propagated in the hearts of men with evil consequences for all. The Lord Jesus Christ has visited us with the Light of His countenance to put an end to this evil, justifying His servants whom Calvin murdered, and His Name in the sight of all.

The Fruit of Cain Multiplied: The Murderer John Calvin

Show me whom you follow, and I will know what manner of person you are or will become. If you do not know whom you are following, don't you think it is time to find out how and where you are being led? Do you think you will altogether escape the consequences because ignorant? Think again. You already suffer them.

John Calvin was one of the most vicious of wolves ever to pose as a lamb of God. His supremely self-righteous spirit lives on in those who lionize and follow him, even unbeknownst to themselves. Truly, "that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God."

Paul Cohen & Victor Hafichuk
www.thepathoftruth.com